Friday 8 February 2013

AFCB: could injuries reshuffle the pack?

There will no doubt be a full house for the visit of Portsmouth to the Goldsands stadium. I have my preferences for the AFCB starting line up but the injuries we have at the back do worry me a little. I truly hope that Charlie Daniels passes his morning pre-match fitness test as I would feel more confident with his return. I suppose Cook and Seaborne will be the centre backs even though Cook has not trained I believe this week. Francis should be okay on the right.

I get the distinct feeling that Eddie wants Macca to start rather than coming on from the bench and I wonder if O'Kane will be asked to make way as Eddie knows that Macca and Arter play well together. Bit harsh on O'Kane but I think Macca has showed Eddie enough in training if the Bournemouth Echo report is to be believed. Then I would expect Pugh to be on the left and the question is who will start on the right wing? Eddie will probably stay with Josh as he had such a good game against Crewe at home last time, but you would expect Matt Ritchie to make his home debut at some point during the game if he does not start at left back in place of Daniels.

Up front you would have to go with Pitman and Grabban. The team pretty well picks itself when injury free. I feel a bit sad that Foggy hasn't been able to get back into the first eleven and I feel he will find it increasingly more difficult to do so. I like his dynamo enthusiasm even if I would like him to beef up a bit. Perhaps he will get another cameo appearance. 


Overall, this time out I don't think the pack will be reshuffled too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tag: